Dream Home Inspections offer basement, foundation, crawlspace, structure and other home inspection services across Halifax, Dartmouth, Bridgewater, Bridgetown, Shelburne, Truro, New Glasgow, Antigonish, Amherst, Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.
The inspector shall inspect:
- The foundation;
- The basement;
- The crawlspace; and
- Structural components.
The inspector shall describe:
- The type of foundation; and
- The location of the access to the under-floor space.
The inspector shall report as in need of correction:
- Observed indications of wood in contact with or near soil;
- Observed indications of active water penetration;
- Observed indications of possible foundation movement, such as sheetrock cracks, brick cracks, out-of-square door frames, and unlevel floors; and
- Any observed cutting, notching and boring of framing members that may, in the inspector's opinion, present a structural or safety concern.
The inspector is not required to:
- Enter any crawlspace that is not readily accessible, or where entry could cause damage or pose a hazard to him/herself.
- Move stored items or debris.
- Operate sump pumps with inaccessible floats.
- Identify the size, spacing, span or location or determine the adequacy of foundation bolting, bracing, joists, joist spans or support systems.
- Provide any engineering or architectural service.
- Report on the adequacy of any structural system or component.