Dream Home Inspections offer heating system and other home inspection services across Halifax, Dartmouth, Bridgewater, Bridgetown, Shelburne, Truro, New Glasgow, Antigonish, Amherst, Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.
The inspector shall inspect:
- The heating system, using normal operating controls.
The inspector shall describe:
- The location of the thermostat for the heating system;
- The energy source; and
- The heating method.
The inspector shall report as in need of correction:
- Any heating system that did not operate; and
- If the heating system was deemed inaccessible.
The inspector is not required to:
- Inspect, measure, or evaluate the interior of flues or chimneys, fire chambers, heat exchangers, combustion air systems, fresh-air intakes, makeup air, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, electronic air filters, geothermal systems, or solar heating systems.
- Inspect fuel tanks or underground or concealed fuel supply systems.
- Determine the uniformity, temperature, flow, balance, distribution, size, capacity, BTU, or supply adequacy of the heating system.
- Light or ignite pilot flames.
- Activate heating, heat pump systems, or other heating systems when ambient temperatures or other circumstances are not conducive to safe operation or may damage the equipment.
- Override electronic thermostats.
- Evaluate fuel quality.
- Verify thermostat calibration, heat anticipation, or automatic setbacks, timers, programs or clocks.
- Measure or calculate the air for combustion, ventilation, or dilution of flue gases for appliances.